January 31, 2012

The Best Sunday Dinner


Three Packet Pot Roast via The Taste Tester

Confession. When I was typing the title of this blog I accidentally typed "The Best Sunday Sinner"... haha. I guess my finger slipped and hit the 's' instead of the 'd'. But hey, it is the best sunday dinner, even for sinners.
We had some people over for dinner on Sunday night. I had seen this recipe floating around on pinterest for a while now, and we had most of the ingredients on hand so I decided to give it a go. It was delicious.

3 Packet Pot Roast

1 (3 lb) roast
1 beef a jus seasoning packet
1 italian dressing seasoning packet
1 onion soup mix packet
5 medium potatoes, cut into thirds
1 lb baby carrots
1 medium onion, sliced
1 cup water

Put all ingredients in a crock pot, and cook on low for 6-8 hours (depending on if your roast was thawed or frozen).

I made a simple gravy with the drippings from the crock pot and a slurry made with cornstarch and cold water.

Recipe Source: Several sources found on pinterest






No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind! I'd love to answer any questions you might have.