December 21, 2012

Slow-Cooker Spaghetti Sauce

We're on vacation so I'm keeping this post sweet and simple. I'm guessing some of you readers out there have some holiday guests to feed over the next few days. Boy, have I got a simple meal idea for you: Slow-Cooker Spaghetti Sauce. All you have to do is brown some meat and throw it in a crockpot with a few other ingredients. When it gets close to dinner time just boil some pasta, make a salad, and slice up some french bread. It really doesn't get much simpler than that.

Extra bonus, this sauce is rich and succulent; everyone will love it. Even though the red pepper flakes are optional I really recommend that you add them. They don't really add heat, just more depth of flavor.

Have I ever told you that I don't like spaghetti noodles? I think it has something to do with the fact that I think of wet hair when I have spaghetti in my mouth. I'll eat any other shape of pasta, but no spaghetti for me, please (and angel hair pasta for that matter too). Hence, the mini bow tie pasta pictured here.

On an entirely different note, I will not be posting this coming Monday seeing as it is Christmas Eve and all. See you next Wednesday, December 26th! If you need meal, holiday food, or other inspiration while I am absent please feel free to visit my pinterest page.

Slow-Cooker Spaghetti Sauce #recipe #slowcooker www.the-taste-tester.com

Slow-Cooker Spaghetti Sauce

1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, minced
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 bay leaves
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried basil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
2 tablespoons butter

Brown ground beef with onion in skillet over medium high heat until meat is cooked through. Drain excess fat off of beef and discard. Combine cooked ground beef and remaining ingredients (EXCLUDING the butter) together in crockpot and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Just before serving, remove bay leaves and stir in the butter. Don't forget to add the butter, it really does make a difference (I have tasted it without before, trust me). Serve over pasta. Yield: 6-8 servings

Recipe Source: Iowa Girl Eats (I highly recommend making her O.M.G Garlic Bread along with this meal).

Print Friendly and PDF

This week I'm partying here!

PIN MEme
SixSistersStuff.com

On The Menu Mondays @ StoneGable

I Gotta Try That...

This recipe was featured here: On the Menu Monday @ StoneGable

4 comments:

  1. Amanda,
    This looks great. Spaghetti is my favorite meal and I collect recipes for it. I can't wait to try yours. I am also following you all of the above. Would love for you to come visit me at http:/www.memoriesbythemile.com
    Merry Christmas,
    Wanda Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanda! I am on your site right now :) It's lovely! I am following via facebook, pinterest, and twitter!

      Delete
  2. I love your pin me party! Pinterest is such a popular site so it is a genius idea for a linky party. I am also following you via pinterest, facebook, and twitter. Thanks for stopping by, hope you come back soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This spaghetti recipe looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind! I'd love to answer any questions you might have.