February 18, 2013

A Simple Blue Cheese Sauce

This weekend we traveled to Utah to visit my family for an early birthday celebration (my birthday is this Wednesday). My dad made me a delicious prime rib birthday dinner, and I made this delectable sauce to go with it.

I daresay that David loves me 1000x more now that I've made this because he LOVES blue cheese. If he could I think he would eat it on everything. The truth is I probably would too, if I could. Blue cheese is like bacon, it makes almost everything better.


Blue Cheese Sauce

Recipe Source: © The Taste Tester

2 tablespoons salted butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 3/4 cup milk *I used 1% milk
1 cup blue cheese crumbles (plus more if you want a cheesier sauce)
salt & pepper to taste

Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk flour into butter and turn heat to medium. Bring the roux (flour and butter mixture) to a bubble and cook for one minute whisking constantly.

Slowly add milk while stirring. Cook for 5-10 minutes (stirring constantly) or until sauce becomes thick. Remove from heat and stir in the blue cheese. Stir in any additional milk you may need to make sauce your desired thinness/thickness. Season with salt and pepper. Serve sauce over steaks or roast beef. Sprinkle with more blue cheese for garnish.


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind! I'd love to answer any questions you might have.