February 15, 2013

The Ultimate Comfort Food: Mac & Cheese

If you follow me on facebook then you know that I've been having some computer troubles this week.  When it shut down the other day I had two choices: 1) FREAK OUT or 2) stuff my face with some of this goodness {my favorite comfort food of all time}. 

I went with the second option in case that wasn't clear. If you need proof there's a photo right down there. The good news for me and my computer is it's an easy-ish fix and thanks to a great neighbor I was able to figure out what is wrong and get it working for long enough to write this post. By monday I should have it fixed and running smoothly again.



Easy Mac and Cheesy

Recipe Source: adapted ever so slightly from Clever, Crafty, Cookin' Mama

1 (16 ounce) box elbow macaroni or shell pasta
4 tablespoons butter
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheese soup
1 cup evaporated milk+ more if needed
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
a few drops of hot sauce *I use about 10 drops of Frank's Hot Sauce
Salt & Pepper to taste *You can also season this with a seasoning salt, such as Lawry's

Cook pasta according to package directions. Be sure to salt the water before it boils (it will flavor the pasta). Once the pasta is al dente drain it and return it to the pot.

Return the pot to the burner and turn the heat as low as it will go. Stir in the butter, cheese soup, and evaporated milk. Stir until butter melts. Add in grated cheese, mustard, and hot sauce. Continue stirring until the cheese is totally melted, adding more milk to thin the sauce as necessary. Taste and season accordingly.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind! I'd love to answer any questions you might have.