April 23, 2013

Alfredo Lasagna Rolls

I don't know if you've noticed, but I haven't blogged for over a week now! I took a little vacation and it was so wonderful (except for the part where we all got sick). 

While we were gone my hubby and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary by going to Anniversary Inn in Salt Lake City. If you've never heard of The Anniversary Inn it's this super-duper cool hotel with themed rooms. It was awesome, and the room service at breakfast was delish. I actually thought I took a picture of my lovely breakfast but I must have accidentally deleted it because I am having some difficulty finding it. If you are looking for a fun little getaway with your sweetheart, this is a great place to go.


I am really excited to be back home and to get into our normal routine, including posting on this blog. My sister-in-law Jennifer made these lasagna rolls for me a while back and I LOVED them, so I searched for the recipe on pinterest (who uses google anymore?!) and I found it. 

The thing I love about lasagna rolls is that they have built in portion control. Usually I eat one and I'm full; same with David. This particular lasagna roll recipe uses an alfredo sauce instead of marinara. When we make these it's like eating Olive Garden at home. In fact, we ate this salad with these lasagna rolls.

The best way to assemble lasagna rolls is via assembly line. I lay out a sheet of aluminum foil and spray it with a little non-stick cooking spray. Then I put five or six cooked noodles on the aluminum foil.


Next I spread about two tablespoons of sauce on each noodle, followed by a layer of cooked shredded chicken (also approximately two tablespoons worth). The last thing I do is sprinkle about 1/8 of a teaspoon of dried oregano over the chicken. Roll up all of the noodles, put in a greased 9x13 pan, and repeat until all of the noodles are used up.



Alfredo Lasagna Rolls

Recipe Source: inspired by MMM... Cafe

15 lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions
a double batch of THIS alfredo sauce
2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 1/4 teaspoons dry oregano (approximate amount)
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a sheet of aluminum foil with a small amount of non-stick cooking spray. Lay the cooked noodles out on prepared sheet of aluminum foil. Top each noodle with two tablespoons of alfredo sauce, two tablespoons of shredded chicken, and 1/8 teaspoon dry oregano. Roll the lasagna noodles up. Place side by side in a greased 9x13 pan.

Once all of the lasagna rolls are in the pan, pour the remaining alfredo sauce evenly over the top of the rolls. Sprinkle cheeses and remaining oregano over the top of the lasagna rolls. Cover with foil (you can just flip that assembly line foil over and use it on top of your pan) and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Let the lasagna rolls cool for ten minutes prior to serving.


Print Friendly and PDF

If you like what you see, feel free to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and/or twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind! I'd love to answer any questions you might have.