March 28, 2012

Banana Cinnamon Muffins

I don't have much time to write about this recipe today, unfortunately. Finals week is getting closer and that means I have been getting up super early (like five in the morning) and going to bed super late (which for me means 10 or 11) just so that I can get all of my homework done. And then there are all the other things I have to do, like the dishes and the cleaning, which is what I am dedicating my five hours of free time to today. We came back from my baby shower this weekend loaded with lots of good stuff. But now I just have to figure out where to put it.

These muffins are super moist and delicious, which surprised me considering they contain very few ingredients. They are very easy to make and take hardly any time at all from start to finish (maybe 30-35 minutes including the cooking time)! This makes them perfect for a morning on the run.

Banana Cinnamon Muffins via The Taste Taster

Banana Cinnamon Muffins
Muffins:

3 very ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour

Cinnamon Sugar Swirl:

1/4 Cup Sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine mashed bananas, sugar, melted butter, beaten egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle baking soda and salt evenly over top of banana mixture. Add flour, mixing just to combine all ingredients. Do not overmix. Divide batter evenly between 12 paper lined muffin tins. Each muffin should be filled about 3/4 full.

Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle about 1/3 of a Tablespoon of sugar mixture on each muffin (I just eyeballed it). Then use the end of a toothpick to swirl the cinnamon into the batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool. Makes 12 muffins.

recipe source: adapted from Lovin' From the Oven









No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind! I'd love to answer any questions you might have.