March 18, 2012

Black Bean and Pepper Quesadillas

Some foods, like people, are not very photogenic. Just kidding. I blame bad photos on bad photographers. Anyone or anything has the potential to look great in a photo if you as the photographer approach taking the photo right. Maybe I was starving, or angry, or grumpy but for some reason I did not have the patience or energy to put a lot of effort into this photograph, although I know I should have. I really am trying to learn how to use this camera, but at the moment I feel like its automatic settings control me. I would like to be in control if it. I bought a book with my birthday money the other day to help me out, so hopefully my food photography will start to improve.

Just a side note, although the pictures here may not be so impressive, these quesadillas are deliciously addicting. The jalapenos do add a zingy spice to them, so if you don't like spicy foods either add less jalapenos or don't use them at all.

I love black beans. Well actually, I love any kind of bean. I am not sure my husband appreciates this fact in the middle of the night these days, but hey they are delicious and nutritious.

So go ahead. Make them. Eat them. Love them.

Black Bean and Pepper Quesadillas via The Taste Tester

Black Bean and Pepper Quesadillas
8 (8 inch) tortillas
1 (16 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
4 green onions, sliced
16 slices jalapeno (the jarred kind), cut into fourths
2-2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil
Salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush two foil lined cookie sheets with 1/2-1 Tbsp vegetable oil (you will need hardly any, just enough to lightly coat the foil). On one half of each tortilla layer approximately 4 red pepper strips, 1 Tbsp green onions, 2-3 Tbsp black beans, some jalapenos, and about 1/4 cup cheddar cheese. Fold tortillas in half. Place on oil brushed cookie sheet. Brush tops of tortillas lightly with oil. I like to salt my quesadillas just a little bit before I put them in the oven. Bake for approximately 10 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Makes 8 quesadillas.

recipe source: A Taste Tester Original



No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind! I'd love to answer any questions you might have.