March 20, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Cake

I have been waiting patiently for a few days now for my blog to break a certain amount of views. My goal was to reach this number of views before the two month anniversary of my blog and it happened! It made me so incredibly happy, you have no idea.

So in celebration, I made this cinnamon roll cake that nearly every food blogger in the blogosphere has posted about... okay not really but a lot of people have. I thought, hey this must be good. And I only had just enough flour left to make this.

If you love cinnamon rolls, you will love this cake. Thank you for reading my blog. I did not think it would experience this much success in the beginning, and I attribute it all to my readers!

Cinnamon Roll Cake Via The Taste Tester

Cinnamon Roll Cake

Cake:
3 Cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 Cup sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 Cups milk
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted

Cinnamon Swirl:
1 Cup butter, softened
1 Cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp cinnamon

Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
3-5 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all cake ingredients together except melted butter until smooth. Slowly stir in melted butter. Pour into greased 9x13 pan.

Mix cinnamon swirl ingredients together until smooth. Drop evenly over batter with spoon, and swirl in with the tip of a knife.

Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes. While cake is cooking mix together the glaze. Pour over cake while still warm. Serves 12-18.

recipe source: Cookin' Up North






No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind! I'd love to answer any questions you might have.