August 12, 2012

Shells and Cheese for Everyone

Fact. I collect cookbooks. Lots and lots of cookbooks. I will continue to collect them for the rest of my life until I have a library full of them, and I am not talking just any library. Oh, heck to the no. I want I library reminiscent of the one in Beauty and the Beast. Someday...

In the meantime I am building my collection, book by book. My newest addition was this one right here:

                          
    Perfect One-Dish Dinners By Pam Anderson

I have read this cover to cover several times now (and yes, I read every word, I did not just look at pictures). I am absolutely in love with this book. Let me tell you why:
  1. This cookbook is geared toward easy get-togethers. Pam Anderson plans the whole menu for you from the appetizer to the dessert, plus there are several different menus to choose from. 
  2. If the recipes she has chosen aren't easy enough for you, she has these snippets called "instant alternatives" at the bottom of her recipes. Basically they are easier substitutions for her recipes. I may have to steal this idea from her... Everyone loves easy and delicious.
  3. The pictures in this book (taken by Judd Pilossof) are breathtaking.
I got my copy of this book at Barnes and Noble on clearance. What a steal. So far I have only made two recipes from it but I am already very impressed.

Pulled pork is actually on of my go-to entertaining recipes, so when I saw it in the cookbook I was very excited. It is easy to throw a pork roast and a bottle of bar-b-que sauce in the crock pot on low for 8-10 hours and then shred it.
Pulled Pork Sliders via The Taste Tester
Pam Anderson pairs her pulled pork sliders with this awesome baked shells and cheese recipe. I made two huge casserole dishes of this and it all got eaten.
Shells and Cheese via The Taste Tester
In other words, buy this cookbook. Make the food. Love the food. You won't be sorry. I will definitely be showcasing more recipes from this one; it's a keeper.

Shells and Cheese for Everyone

Salt
1 lb. medium-size pasta shells
1 pound sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 (16 oz) container cottage cheese
1 (16 oz) container light or regular sour cream
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
Freshly ground black pepper.
1 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons butter, melted

Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.

Bring 2 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil in a large soup kettle over high heat. Cook pasta using package directions as a guide. Drain.

Meanwhile, mix cheeses and sour cream in a large bowl. Add hot pasta and toss to coat. Adjust salt and pepper according to taste. Transfer to baking dish.

Mix breadcrumbs, parsley, and butter in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over shells and cheese. Bake until casserole is bubbly and crumbs are golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Serves 8-12.

Recipe Source: Perfect One-Dish Dinners by Pam Anderson

get printable recipe here.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind! I'd love to answer any questions you might have.