September 27, 2012

The Best Pancake Syrup Ever Invented

The other day I was testing a silver-dollar pancake recipe for future use on the blog. While there is still a possibility that those pancakes will someday end up on the blog (no promises), I still wanted to share something spectacular with you. Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you: Buttermilk Syrup.

I ate this syrup on those silver dollar pancakes the other day. Yum.

I have briefly mentioned buttermilk syrup on the blog before, but it is so delicious that it deserves and entire post of its own.

This syrup made a pancake-hater a pancake-lover. I could sit down with a bowl full of this yumminess and lick it off of a spoon over and over again. My brother-in-law even asked for the recipe after I made it for him recently.
Buttermilk Syrup: tastes like caramel and it is the most delicious pancake syrup ever invented!
What I am trying to say is:

1. If you hate sweet breakfast foods that involve syrup, try those foods with this syrup and you may change your mind.
2. Everyone loves this syrup, guaranteed. Making it might result in hugs, kisses, compliments, and who knows what else.

So make it. Hoard it. Eventually share it... maybe.

I promise you will not be sorry you made this. You also won't be sorry that you ate it.
Buttermilk Syrup: tastes like caramel and it is the most delicious pancake syrup ever invented!

Buttermilk Syrup

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cooking Directions
  1. In a LARGE pot, combine butter, sugar, buttermilk, and Karo syrup, and bring to a boil for about 2 to 3 minutes.
  2. Add baking soda and vanilla. Mixture will fizz to TWICE THE SIZE or more, so make sure you use a good-sized pot. Remove from heat.
  3. Set it aside to thicken while stirring occasionally. Pour over waffles, pancakes, fry-bread style scones, and French toast. This is even good to dip fruit in.
Recipe by Tasty Kitchen
5 out of 5 stars

Printable Recipe Button

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind! I'd love to answer any questions you might have.