February 27, 2013

Skinny Blender Pancakes

Last week, after my birthday weekend with the fam, I had to recover from a giant sugar/food coma. It was time to lighten things up. These pancakes are "skinny" but they definitely hit the spot. I bet you can't guess what's in them! It's an interesting list of ingredients, and when I first made them I was skeptical but they are delicious with any pancake topping. 

Speaking of my birthday, I also thought I would use this post to show off a few of the birthday gifts I got last week.

My parent's got me this blender, which made making these pancakes so effortless. My hubs, David, got me the griddle. It heats up super fast and the actual griddle part flips over and becomes an indoor grill. It is so saweeeeeeeeeet and has opened up a world of cooking opportunities for me.

"Skinny" Pancakes #recipe www.the-taste-tester.com

Skinny Pancakes

Recipe Source: Chef In Training, originally a Biggest Loser recipe

6 egg whites
1 cup dry rolled oats
1 cup small curd cottage cheese
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Preheat a griddle to 350 degrees (or heat a skillet to medium high heat on the stove).

Spray griddle with non-stick cooking spray and pour 1/4 cup portions of batter onto griddle. Cook until bubbles appear in the surface and then flip. Cook until the second side is golden brown.

Serve immediately with your favorite pancake toppings.

"Skinny" Pancakes #recipe www.the-taste-tester.com

Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a delicious pancake recipe!! I make an oat-based waffle, but it doesn't use cottage cheese :) I'll have to give these a go. Do you think adding blueberries would be tasty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, blueberries (or any berry or bananas) would be a great addition!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind! I'd love to answer any questions you might have.