March 4, 2013

5-Ingredient Homemade Samoas

Apparently even though girl scouts have started selling cookies orders won't be in until the end of this month. Because I am very impatient and I needed some samoas, I developed this recipe. All the goodness of a girl scout cookie but homemade (sort of) with only five ingredients. Enjoy! 


Homemade Samoas

12 golden oreos
2 cups sweetened coconut, toasted
1 (14 ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Separate the oreo cookies into two halves and scrape off the cream filling. In the end you will have 24 cookies. You may want to have more oreos on hand in case you accidentally break any.

Melt the chocolate according to package directions (I melted mine in a double boiler). Dip the bottoms of the oreo cookies in the chocolate and let cool on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. 

Meanwhile melt the caramel and heavy cream in a microwave, 30 seconds at a time, until it is smooth. Stir in the toasted coconut. Divide mixture evenly on the tops of the oreo cookies and press down.

Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the tops of the cookies. Let cool until chocolate hardens.

Recipe Yield: 24 cookies
Recipe Source: an Amanda Jenks original

1 comment:

  1. These cookies look heavenly. I can't wait to try them, though I really should wait! I am sure they are addictive as the real things.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind! I'd love to answer any questions you might have.