March 6, 2012

Sloppy Joes

Homemade Sloppy Joes via The Taste Tester

I love sloppy joes, but I only eat them probably once a year. David, on the other hand, hates sloppy joes and would probably be very happy if he never had to eat them. I got a random craving for them this week, and so I decided that I would try to convert him. It turns out that he did actually like these. I am not sure what made the difference, except that I am his wife. But I also know that he is honest with me when it comes to cooking.
He told me the reason why he has never liked sloppy joes before is because the meat is too sweet, and that this recipe did not taste overly sweet to him. So, I would say that this recipe is a success. Secretly, I served tater tots on the side, because I knew he would give me an honest opinion if I did.

Sloppy Joes

1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp prepared mustard
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 small onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 green pepper, diced
1 lb ground beef

Mix ketchup, barbecue sauce, worcestershire sauce, vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, salt, and pepper together in a liquid measuring cup.  Set aside. Brown ground beef with onion, garlic, and green pepper in saucepan over medium high heat. Once meat is cooked through, add the sauce mixture. Cover, turn heat to low, and cook stirring occasionally for 15 minutes. Serve on hamburger bun. Feeds 6.

recipe source: A Taste Tester Original












No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind! I'd love to answer any questions you might have.