June 7, 2012

Strawberry Shortcake Truffles

I finally feel like life is getting back to normal. Sure, I am still REALLY sleep deprived, but I am finally starting to get back to some of the normal hobbies I had before we had our little boy. I am so glad to be food blogging again, I have really missed it.

That being said it is 9:48 pm. If I am lucky Joseph will be up again at midnight and no sooner. I need some Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs and I only have a couple of hours (fingers crossed) to get some quality sleep.

Photo. Check.

Recipe. Check (and I would like to add that these are tasty).

Some words up at the top. Check.

Strawberry Shortcake Truffles via The Taste Tester

Strawberry Shortcake Truffles
1 package golden oreos, crushed (I like the crumbs mostly fine with a few little chunks)
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
3 medium FRESH strawberries, diced small
8 squares of white almond bark or white chocolate

Combine crushed oreos and softened cream cheese with mixer until it resembles a thick cookie dough. Fold in diced strawberries. Roll into 24 balls (I used a cookie scoop to make sure they were all the same size). Place on wax paper or parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Freeze for one hour. Melt almond bark or chocolate according to package directions. Dip truffles in almond bark or chocolate and put back on cookie sheet. Refrigerate. These are best eaten the same day they are made, which probably won't be a problem since they are so incredibly addicting. I better go run a few miles.

In 20/20 hindsight, I would much rather have used a high quality white chocolate to dip these in instead of almond bark. Don't get me wrong, they were incredible, but something high quality would have taken these up a notch. Invest.

Sweet dreams.

Recipe Source: A Taste Tester Original





No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind! I'd love to answer any questions you might have.